Kharkiv rescuers remind the rules of safe heating of apartments and warn of tragic consequences in case of non-compliance with fire safety rules in everyday life
In the winter period, unfortunately, the number of people killed in fires in the residential sector, as well as deaths due to poisoning by combustion products from home heating means, increases significantly. Usually, citizens themselves can prevent tragic accidents by following elementary rules of fire safety in everyday life, but in most cases they do not pay enough attention to this issue.
In general, since the beginning of 2022, 195 fires have been eliminated in Kharkiv region, of which more than 150 cases occurred in citizens' residences, and the number of dead is 17 people, including 1 child.
In particular, on January 27, at 11:30 p.m., the number "101" received a report about a fire in a private residential building at the address: Kupyanskyi district, village of Dvorichna, str. Medical, 1.
1 branch of the 14th State Fire and Rescue Department of the State Emergency Service was immediately sent to the place of the call. At the time of his arrival, structural elements of the house and household items inside were on fire. The area of the fire was 40 square meters. As a result of the open fire, the owner of the house, born in 1981, received burns.
Thanks to the prompt actions of the rescuers, the fire was localized at 11:36 p.m. and completely extinguished at 01:40 a.m.
The cause of the fire was a violation of fire safety rules during the operation of the furnace heating.
On January 26, at 1:53 p.m., the number "101" received a report about a fire in a two-story residential building at the address: Kharkiv, str. Zubenko, 35b. The fire broke out in the apartment on the first floor.
2 departments of the Rescue Service arrived at the scene of the call on tanker trucks and a department on a truck ladder. Upon the arrival of the firefighters, it was established that household items and furniture were on fire in the room of the apartment. The total area of the fire was about 15 square meters.
Because of heavy smoke, the rescuers had to work in respiratory protection devices. Firefighters rescued: the owner of the apartment, a man born in 1974 who could not move on his own, and the resident of the apartment from the 2nd floor, a woman born in 1950.
The fire was contained at 2:25 p.m., and completely extinguished at 2:42 p.m.
The cause of the fire was careless handling of the fire during smoking.
Therefore, rescuers call on citizens to observe fire safety rules at home, in particular:
- it is necessary to take care of the condition of the heating source before the beginning of the heating season: chimneys and stoves should be cleaned of soot in time, check the stove for cracks, etc.;
- during the heating season, monitor and do not leave the stove unattended, and it is strictly forbidden to leave children alone at home with the stove lit;
- cleaning of soot and various types of dirt of periodic heating furnaces on solid and liquid fuel must be carried out at least once every three months;
- a metal sheet with a size of at least 0.5 x 0.7 m should be nailed to the combustible floor near each furnace in front of the furnace opening;
- stoves and other heating devices must have fire protection separations (indents) from combustible structures;
- uncertified and home-made heating devices should not be used for heating the premises;
- it is not possible to place heating devices directly under the outlet, as well as on the evacuation routes of people;
- you should not connect many electrical appliances to the extension cord at the same time, because the electrical network may not withstand the overload;
- do not leave minor children unattended, and do not allow them to play with matches, lighters, etc.;
- it is forbidden to use electric heating devices for drying clothes and other materials;
- do not leave electric heating devices on when leaving the house;
- don't smoke in bed
Remember! Only the implementation of basic rules of fire safety and personal safety can save your life and property from fire!